- 16 oz Block of Dry Mozzarella (or Pasteurized Mozzarella), Cut into Sticks
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 1/4 Cups of Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 Tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper (to Your Taste)
- Vegetable Oil
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place the flour on a plate, season with a little salt and pepper and stir together.
Dredge each piece of mozzarella in the flour, dip in the egg mixture and coat them well in the bread crumb mixture.
Repeat dipping each one in the egg and coating them in the bread crumb again so you have a double coated mozzarella stick.
Place them on a tray and pop them in the freezer for a minimum of a few hours.
Add the oil in a large dutch oven and put enough oil to come up half way up the sides of the pot. Bring the oil to temperature at 375 degrees.
Place the mozzarella sticks (in batches) in the hot oil and fry them (turning them as needed) until deeply golden brown and crispy.