No B.S. Food and Drink Recipes:Bacon Egg Breakfast Bites with Chives
Bacon Egg Breakfast Bites with Chives
- 8 whole eggs (pasture raised or organic)
- 6 slices bacon (nitrate free)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet over med-hi heat until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan or line with baking cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, paprika and onion powder. Crumble the cooled bacon and add to the egg mixture. Last, add the chopped chives and stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way up to make 8-10 egg bites. Bake in the preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs have JUST set. Remove from oven and let cool before removing and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze them for later use. Enjoy!
* For Whole30 and sugar detox friendly, use sugar free bacon.