The Chilling Future of Humanity:
Professor Yuval Noah Harari, the author of two seminal books “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” and “Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow”, discusses the grim future of humanity.
The following is the synopsis of the Guardian report:
1) By creating AI, humanity will summon a demon.
2) Emergence of eternally useless and unemployable human beings.
3) Knowledge earned in universities will be obsolete within a short span of time.
4) Replacement of humans with machines will not be the only problem. Political and economic systems will stop attaching moral value to humans.
5) People will be fed by states through universal basic income.
6) Life satisfaction and meaning will be a rare commodity.
7) New versions of religions and immersive virtual reality might help humans cope with their meaningless lives.
8) Humans, as we define them today, will eventually cease to exist.