According to the Washington Post, Ginni Thomas denounced the small “Black Lives Matter” banner in the small, mostly white Virginian town.
- The banner says “Welcome to Clifton where Black Lives Matter,” posted over the Main Street, a space typically used to advertise community events.
- Ginni Thomas, an outspoken conservative who is married to Clarence Thomas, sent an email in reaction to the banner.
- Ginni is white, and married to the only black justice on the US Supreme Court.
The email read: “BLM is a bit of a dangerous Trojan Horse and they are catching well-meaning people into dangerous posturing that can invite mob rule and property looting. Let’s not be tricked into joining cause with radical extremists seeking to foment a cultural revolution because they hate America.”
Ginni Thomas is a conservative activist, whose Facebook page is filled with alt-right memes and conspiracy claims.
- Thomas writes for the white supremacist Daily Caller and in 2017 presented an award to notorious video hoaxer James O’Keefe.
- In 2019, her anti-LGBT group Groundswell denounced trans people and female military members at a meeting with Trump
Ginni Thomas expresses public contempt about the BLM banner, the latest action of her right-wing activism.