WH SPOX Defends Trump’s Attack On Elderly Man, Says He Had “Questionable Tweets”
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany defended President Donald Trump’s Twitter attack on the 75-year-old man shoved to the ground by Buffalo police, saying the man had “very questionable tweets” regarding police officers.
- Trump tweeted on Tuesday that Martin Gugino, who remains hospitalized due to his injuries, might have been an “ANTIFA provocateur,” citing a report from right-wing media outlet OANN.
- Appearing on Fox & Friends, McEnany said Trump’s unfounded claim was justified because Gugino had previously tweeted profanities regarding the police.
The president was raising questions based on a report that he saw. They’re questions that need to be asked. Every case, we can’t jump on one side without looking at all the facts at play.
This individual had some very questionable tweets, some profanity-laden tweets, about police officers.
- McEnany continued, saying that “no one condones any sort of violence” but “there are a lot of questions” in the Gugino case.
- She also noted that there were “56 police officers who resigned in protest of how their fellow officers were treated,” appearing to suggest that this would not have happened if Gugino had been wrongly assaulted.
So I think we need to ask why those officers resigned, what happened, what facts were on the ground, and the president was just raising some of those questions.