WATCH: Man Accuses Black Father, Son Cycling In Their Cul-De-Sac Of Trespassing
Civil rights attorney Ben Crump shared a video on Twitter showing a white man harassing an African-American man and his son, who was riding his bike in the cul-de-sac where they live, and accusing them of trespassing.
- According to The International Business Times, the clip was first shared by the father’s friend on Instagram.
- The man, who has been identified as David Friedman, “apparently started accosting the son after he saw him cycling in their cul-de-sac in New Jersey, New York, prompting the boy's father to step in and confront the man.”
- "I'm going to f*ck you up if you ever talk to my son like that,” the father tells Friedman as the video opens.
- He continues, "If I catch you off your property, I'm going to beat you the f*ck up,” at which point Friedman tries to provoke the father into hitting him.
- "Yeah? Why don't you do it now? Come on a*shole. Is that all you got?," Friedman responds. "You're bad. You're a big bad man. Go ahead."
- He then turns his attention to the son:
"You think you're hot shit? Go ahead ride your bike up and down the street," he tells the son before saying the cops are going to bust him because what he's doing is "illegal."
"I'm not doing anything. I'm riding on the street," the son replies. Friedman then continues to urge the father to throw a punch at him. "Throw a fist man. Throw it," he says as his wife appears to be speaking to a 911 responder.
- Friedman goes on to call the father a “f*ggot” and a “p*ssy” and tells the father he "doesn't belong in this neighborhood."