WATCH: Jewish Group Exposes Matt Gaetz’s Anti-Semitism In Searing Video
A new ad from Bend the Arc Jewish Action, a Jewish political action committee, reveals the not-to-subtle anti-Semitism of Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida.
- Teed up first is a clip of Gaetz telling Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro earlier this year that “there is an attempted cultural genocide going on in America right now.”
- In 2018, Gaetz brought a known Holocaust denier as his guest to the State of the Union, claiming it was because he had an “unused ticket.”
- The guest, Charles Johnson, has stated that he doesn’t believe 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust. Johnson also has been photographed with neo-Nazi Richard Spencer.
- Also in 2018, Gaetz spread an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about an immigrant caravan, which inspired the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in U.S. history — the massacre at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh.
- From Vox:
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) popularized a video of a man handing money to women waiting in a group of people to speculate that George Soros was paying caravan members to migrate to the US. Trump tweeted the video without Gaetz’s remarks or any other context as to who was doing the paying — but he certainly spread the idea that caravan members were getting paid.
Anti-Semites on the internet took the theory one step further. They portrayed the caravan as a deliberate effort by Jews writ large to invade the United States, using an image — purportedly from footage of the caravan — in which a Star of David is seen on a truck into which people are climbing
- This year, Gaetz endorsed Laura Loomer for Congress. Loomer is a self-proclaimed “proud Islamophobe” who promotes conspiracy theories.