Video Emerges Of Terrorists Practicing Their Plot To Kidnap Michigan’s Governor
Among the pieces of evidence against the men charged in an alleged domestic terror plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and overthrow the government is a video showing the men training with weapons, CNN reports.
- In the video, which was played in court, two men jump out of a vehicle and fire their rifles as a third man records video from the back seat and others stand in a yard behind the vehicle, also recording.
The imagery -- which is being used as evidence against the six alleged conspirators -- was provided to CNN affiliate WXMI by the US Attorney's office and reviewed by CNN.
- Along with videos, the evidence also includes photographs and text messages.
- One message in an encrypted group text thread reads, "Have one person go to her house, knock on the door and when she answers it just cap her.”
- FOX 17 reporter Doug Reardon posted screenshots of some of the text messages to Twitter and reported that “the men surveilled the governor's home in Antrim County, and the underside of an overpass they planned to blow up to divert police.”
- Reardon reported that other text exchanges show the men “discussed their disdain for police, and even talked about stalking them on their shifts.”
- In another video, Brandon Caserta, who CNN noted “allegedly attended tactical training exercises in Michigan and Wisconsin and was part of the September 13 meeting in which the plan to kidnap Whitmer was discussed,” goes on a rant about killing legislators and members of law enforcement.
- "If this sh*t goes down, OK, if this whole thing, you know, starts to happen, I'm telling you what, dude, I'm taking out as many of those m*therf**kers as I can -- every single one. ... I'm sick of being robbed and enslaved by the state, period,” Caserta says.
- CNN reported that “Eight other men, all associated with the extremist group Wolverine Watchmen, have been charged by the state of Michigan in the alleged terrorist plot to kidnap Whitmer.”