U.S. Prosecutors: Prince Andrew Has Provided ‘Zero Cooperation’ In Epstein Probe
Prince Andrew has given public assurances that he will assist in any way possible with the investigation into Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking scheme, but according to the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, Andrew has provided “zero cooperation.”
U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said on Monday that prosecutors have reached out to Andrew and his attorneys, according to NBC News, but that "To date, Prince Andrew has provided zero cooperation.”
One of Epstein’s former victims has claimed that the prince had sex with her during the time she was being trafficked by the late financier, who died in his jail cell in August by apparent suicide.
Andrew denied the allegations during a televised interview last year, saying he had no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who claims she was trafficked by Epstein at the age of 17. NBC News noted that a widely circulated photograph of the prince with Giuffre appears to show the two met on at least one occasion.
Berman said Monday that the investigation is ongoing and prosecutors are determined to uncover who all was involved in Epstein’s sex trafficking ring.
"Epstein couldn't have done what he did without the assistance of others, and I can assure you that our investigation is moving forward," Berman said.
The U.S. attorney said typically he would not comment on who was or was not cooperating with an investigation but added that “in Prince Andrew's case, he publicly offered, indeed in a press release, offered to cooperate with law enforcement investigating the crimes committed by Jeffrey Epstein and his co-conspirators.”