Trump Showed More Compassion For Child Sex Trafficker Than 156K Dead Americans
During his interview with Axios’ Jonathan Swan, President Donald Trump displayed more compassion toward alleged child sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell than he did the more than 156,000 Americans who have died from COVID-19.
- "Her friend or boyfriend was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She's now in jail. Yeah, I wish her well,” Trump said of Maxwell, referencing the death of her longtime companion Jeffrey Epstein in a New York jail cell last year.
- As Axios recalled, “Epstein took his own life while in law enforcement custody last August. The cause of death was suicide by hanging, per official autopsy results.”
- Maxwell was arrested in July and “has been charged with multiple counts of allegedly helping Epstein sexually abuse minor girls.”
During the same interview, Trump was asked about the rising number of coronavirus cases in the United States, as well as the daily death toll of 1,000 Americans.
- Trump claimed that his administration has the pandemic under control, to which Swan replied: "How? A thousand Americans are dying a day.”
- The president responded: "They are dying. That's true. And you -- it is what it is. But that doesn't mean we aren't doing everything we can. It's under control as much as you can control it."