Experts have long claimed that the President suffers from a number of ailments, most noticeably they claim he possesses a personality disorder related to narcissism called 'Malignant Narcissism'. Malignant Narcissism (as per DSM-V, Narcissistic Personality Disorder), like psychopathy, (or more specifically anti-social personality disorder as per DSM-V) cannot be treated. People with these disorders do not improve with treatment, instead they learn to better mask their antisocial behavior to the detriment of society.
As per the Mayo Clinic, the Intellectualist has listed all of the corresponding traits related to Narcissistic Personality Disorder along with articles of Trump allegedly engaging in behaviors that correspond with each trait. While this is far from a conclusive, (and to be clear, this is not a diagnosis. We are not doctors), Trump’s behavior appears to satisfy each and every element of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance (Trump wants gold-plated carriage ride with Queen during UK visit: report)
- Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it (Donald Trump believes he was born to be king)
- Exaggerating your achievements and talents (A Time magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It’s fake.)
- Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate (Donald Trump brags about his wealth and success)
- Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.(Donald Trump believes he has superior genes, biographer claims)
- Requiring constant admiration (To keep Donald happy, Trump’s staff has to ensure he’s always receiving praise and adulation)
- Having a sense of entitlement (Poor Little Rich Kid Trump, the Ultimate Entitled Brat)
- Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations (Donald Trump just reminded America that the only loyalty he respects is to Donald Trump)
- Taking advantage of others to get what you want (I sold Trump $100,000 worth of pianos. Then he stiffed me.)
- Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others (Did Donald Trump kill empathy in politics?)
- Being envious of others and believing others envy you (Tim Kaine claims Trump pulling out of Paris Accord because he’s ‘jealous of Obama accomplishments’)
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner (Majority Of Global Poll Respondents Find Trump Arrogant, Dangerous)
Aside from fears that Trump may have a personality disorder, Doctors are also reportedly worried that the President seems to be experiencing a cognitive decline. They have based this assessment based on his declining linguistic syntax.
While linguistic syntax does decline with age, the President’s vocabulary has suffered a quite noticeable decline for the last three decades. The President makes up for this his lack of words by relying on filler words, which makes his pronouncements both difficult to understand and hard to translate for professional interpreters.