Trump’s Disrespect Toward McCain And Mattis Prompts Army Veteran To Vote Biden
Republican Voters Against Trump highlighted in a Twitter post that a longtime Republican veteran has decided to vote for former Vice President Joe Biden in the upcoming election due to President Trump’s attacks on the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and retired Marine Gen. John Mattis.
- The tweet, accompanied by video, reads: “Trump's disrespect toward revered leaders McCain and Mattis have caused Army veteran Scott to vote for Biden this fall.”
- Scott from North Carolina is a life-time Republican voter, except for voting third party in 2016.
- “These are some of the greatest leaders of our time, and the way he’s denigrated their service is just despicable.”
- Scott says, “When I see President Trump and the words he had to say about John McCain’s service, it’s something I will never forget and can’t let go.”
Scott calls out Trump’s policy moves against allowing transgender members of the military, saying that Trump deems transgender people unworthy of serving due to the way they live.
- “The military that I served in welcomed anyone that’s willing to sacrifice their lives for the Constitution and the flag.”
- Under the Biden administration, all people would be welcomed and thanked for their service.
Additionally, Scott called out Trump for taking credit for the VA Choice Program, which was signed into law by President Obama, co-sponsored by Senator McCain and Senator Bernie Sanders.