Trump’s Debate Team: Chris Christie, Jared Kushner, Bill Stepien, Jason Miller
President Trump has been preparing with his closest aides for three scheduled presidential debates with presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, according to Axios.
- The aides preparing the president for the debates are his son-in-law Jared Kushner, campaign manager Bill Stepien, senior adviser Jason Miller, and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
- Trump's team began preparing two weeks ago and plans to meet every 10 days until the first debate.
- The Trump campaign is putting a lot of weight on the upcoming debates as they view them as a way of closing the polling gap between the president and Biden.
- Axios reported that “Trump advisers, including Miller and Christie, have cautioned Trump that Biden is actually a decent, experienced and relatively disciplined debater.”
- The Commission on Presidential Debates, the independent body that manages presidential debates, will likely announce the debate moderators the first week of September and is unlikely to let either campaign pressure it to choose a particular moderator.