Trump Has Shifted Millions From His Campaign Donors To His Private Business
President Donald Trump has steered millions of campaign contributions to his personal business, according to Forbes.
- The president has not contributed any money to his reelection campaign, instead relying on donations from supporters as well as two joint fundraising apparatuses and the Republican National Committee.
- His businesses, which house the campaign efforts, continue to charge the campaign, resulting in the millions of dollars in donations for Donald Trump the president turning into millions of dollars in revenue for Donald Trump the businessman.
- Collectively, since taking office, the president has been able to take $6.9 million in donations and push it into his businesses: $2.2 million from his campaign; $2.3 million from Trump Victory and the Trump Make America Great Again Committee; and another $2.4 million from the RNC.
- Trump National Doral, the president’s golf resort in Miami, has received $1.4 million from the RNC since he took office. Meanwhile in the same timeframe, Trump Tower has charged the Trump reelection campaign $1.5 million.
- In response to questions about the use of Trump business properties for the campaign, the RNC said in a statement:
“Aside from the fact that donors enjoy visiting Trump properties, other factors like security, price and convenience are all part of the committee’s decision-making process.”