Trump Campaign Lawyer Appears On Russian State TV
Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis recently appeared on the Russian government-funded TV network RT, according to The Daily Beast.
- RT, formerly known as Russia Today, has been criticized as propaganda for Kremlin interests, and its programming is highly critical of American policy.
- The Office of the Director of National Intelligence released a report in 2017 stating that RT was part of a “Kremlin directed campaign to undermine faith in the US Government and fuel political protest.”
- During her interview on RT’s The Alex Salmond Show last week, Ellis defended the Trump administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and called American media “propagandist activist media.”
- She stated that even Fox News had an anti-Trump bias:
“Even on Fox News, the president has been very outspoken on Twitter that there are some anchors there and there are some particular shows that aren’t really fair in terms of their editorializing some of those stories.”
- While Ellis is not the first Trump ally to appear on the network, The Daily Beast reported that she “appears to be the first Trump campaign official to go on the Russian-funded network since the 2016 election.”