TRUMP ADMINISTRATION BANS KELLYANNE CONWAY FROM MAKING ANY FUTURE TELEVISION APPEARANCES

This story has been updated. Please click here. White House clarifies that Conway was suspended from appearing on television after being “off-message”. See more at link.

Trump White House, has been sidelined from television appearances for making statements that were at odds with the administration’s official stance, White House sources told CNNMoney on Wednesday.

Conway has not given a television interview since early last week. On that Monday, she told MSNBC that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn had the president’s “full confidence.” Hours later, Flynn resigned.

The following day, Conway claimed Flynn had offered to resign, even though White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Trump had asked Flynn for his resignation.

She has not given a television interview since then.

Those statements, which came amid existing public scrutiny over Conway’s credibility, led the president and his top advisers to conclude that her appearances were doing more harm than good for the administration, the sources said.

She was “off message,” a White House source said.

Conway did not initially respond to a request for comment. Following the publication of this article, she called to take issue with the premise and said she would be appearing on Fox News on Wednesday evening.

Comments