The Village People Order Trump To Stop Playing ‘Macho Man’ And ‘YMCA’ At Events
The Village People have ordered President Trump to stop playing their songs at rallies in light of his recent actions against protestors, according to the Independent.
- Their songs “Macho Man” and “YMCA” have been played at a number of Trump events.
- Frontman Victor Willis took a stand in a Facebook statement after the president suggested he was willing to send in the military against protestors and shoot them.
- He wrote, “If Trump orders the U.S. military to fire on his own citizens (on U.S. soil), Americans will rise up in such numbers outside of the White House that he might be forced out of office prior to the election. Don’t do it Mr. President!”
- Willis added: “And I ask that you no longer use any of my music at your rallies especially ‘Y.M.C.A.’ and ‘Macho Man.’ Sorry, but I can no longer look the other way.”
- The statement was prompted by Trump’s infamous “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” tweet.
- That tweet was flagged by Twitter for glorifying violence.
It remains to be seen if Trump will continue to play the songs at his events.