Texas Conservative: I Was A Trump Cultist, COVID Denier Until I Caught The Virus
Tony Green, a Trump cultist who voted for Donald Trump in 2016, has admitted the truth of the COVID-19 after he contracted the virus, according to Raw Story.
- “I admit traveling deep into the conspiracy trap over COVID-19,” Green wrote in DallasVoice. “All the defiant behavior of Trump’s more radical and rowdy cult followers, I participated in it. I was a hard-ass that stood up for my ‘God-given rights.’”
- Green said that he believed the pandemic to be a hoax and hosted family members on Saturday, June 13. Then he woke up sick on Sunday, June 14. “I believed the virus to be a hoax. I believed the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election,” he said.
- Green’s partner and parents all tested positive for the virus. He wrote: “By Monday, June 15, my partner and my parents were all sick. That same Monday, my in-laws traveled to witness the birth of their first grandchild. They took with them my father-in-law’s mother and one of my partner’s sisters. That night my father-in-law became ill. Then my mother-in-law and their daughter began feeling sick.”
- “My father-in-law and I both went to the hospital on June 24. The virus had attacked my central nervous system, and the staff stopped me from having a stroke,” Greed said.
- On July 1, Green wrote, his father-in-law’s mother died of COVID-19/pneumonia.
- “You cannot imagine my guilt at having been a denier, carelessly shuffling through this pandemic, making fun for those wearing masks and social distancing. … knowing that my actions convinced both our families it was safe when it wasn’t,” Green said. “You do not want your loved ones suffering and dying from this because you are taking a ‘political stand’ or protecting the economy over their lives.”
Green said that if people “continue being more worried about the disruption to our lives than we are about stopping this virus,” the coronavirus crisis may get worse, then no one will be spared.