Steve Mnuchin’s Exclusive LA Country Club Received Millions In COVID-19 Relief
The Riviera Country Club, an exclusive golf course in California that has counted Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin among its members, has received millions of dollars in government assistance, according to The Daily Beast.
- The club reportedly received $2 million to $5 million through the Paycheck Protection Program, a government initiative that intended to support small businesses and their employees during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Mnuchin revealed his membership to the exclusive club during his confirmation process in 2017 for his role as Treasury Secretary.
- While it is not confirmed whether Mnuchin remains a member of Riviera, he was spotted at the institution as recently as early 2019.
- The Riviera is not the only well-connected company to receive assistance from the program that was designed specifically for small businesses with 500 or fewer people on the payroll.
- The club reported that the aid helped preserve 159 jobs.