Self-Funding QAnon Candidate Gave Her Own Campaign $450K After Getting PPP Loan
QAnon supporter and Republican congressional candidate Marjorie Taylor Green donated $450,000 to her own campaign after her construction company received a six-figure Paycheck Protection Program loan.
- Salon reports that Greene, who is expected to win her House race in Georgia, has opposed additional stimulus spending, arguing in an April Facebook video that "the best stimulus for Americans is allowing Americans to go back to work!"
- Despite Greene’s opposition to stimulus spending, her family’s company, Taylor Commercial, received a PPP loan worth between $150,000 and $350,000 earlier this year.
- “Greene, who had loaned her campaign $900,000, donated $450,000 to her campaign about two months after the PPP loan, according to Federal Election Commission records,” according to the report.
- Salon mentioned that Greene “has promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory and posted videos attacking Black people, Muslims and Jews” but was able to clinch the Republican primary despite opposition from GOP leaders.
- “Trump has since praised Greene as a "future Republican star,” the report also noted.