Republican C-SPAN Caller Tells RNC Spox She Won’t Cast Another Vote For Trump
A Republican voter called into C-SPAN’s Washington Journal program on Sunday to explain to Republican National Committee spokesperson Elizabeth Harrington why she will not cast another vote for President Trump.
- RawStory reported that the Texas woman, named Rosie, said she had cast her ballot for Trump in 2016, but in the time since she has dropped her support, specifically citing the president’s COVID-19 response.
- Rosie said, “I feel right now that this young lady, Elizabeth, isn’t strong enough and knows enough to defend a Republican Party. I did vote for Mr. Trump and, afterwards, I regretted it. Because in the beginning, if she pays attention… he has done lots of mistakes.”
- She then pointed to Trump’s comment in 2016 that he “could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody” and not lose any voters.
- “Here in Texas, we’re dying every day. He doesn’t have to come and shoot nobody,” Rosie said. “He has not done anything about the COVID and everything, and we know that.”
- Harrington followed up by saying that the media has not give Trump a “fair shake” regarding the pandemic, before blaming China.
- “We know this is a unique situation that happened and we know who’s to blame. It’s a communist regime in China that lied to the world, they covered it up,” she said.