Report: Fox News Founder Predicts Trump Will Lose The Election
News Corp executive chairman and Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is “reportedly pessimistic about President Trump’s odds of winning his re-election,” according to Talking Points Memo.
- A source who spoke with Murdoch about the election told Vanity Fair: “Rupert thinks Trump is going to crash and burn. It’s a clear-eyed assessment, just based on just looking at the news.”
- Two sources told the magazine that Murdoch believes Trump will lose the election.
This sentiment comes “amid the President’s increasingly fraught relationship with Fox News,” as Murdoch’s family owns its parent company, Fox Corporation.
- On Wednesday, Trump criticized Fox News “for cutting away from a congressional hearing on police reform.”
- Additionally, last month, “Trump slammed Fox News for not doing enough to help his re-election” and “accused some of the network’s hosts and contributors of repeating ‘the worst of Democrat speaking points.’”
- Trump has been “[fuming] over Fox polls showing that he is losing to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.”
- Finally, last year, it was reported that Fox News host Sean Hannity “revealed to Trump that the Murdochs hate him.”
Despite these tensions, Trump has “praised Murdoch for being ‘the greatest’” and said that his only problem with the Murdoch family is their sale of the Fox film and TV studio to Disney last year, as it is “a group that doesn’t like Trump as much.”