Pompeo: I Have Hillary Clinton’s Emails & Will Release Them Before The Election
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said during an appearance on Fox News that he plans to release Hillary Clinton’s emails before the November election.
- “We’ve got the emails. We’re getting them out. We’re going to get all this information out so the American people can see it,” Pompeo said. “You’ll remember, there was classified information on a private server, should have never been there. Hillary Clinton should never have done that. It was unacceptable behavior. It’s not the kind of thing that leaders do.”
- “Classified information needs to stay in the right places,” Pompeo said, after having just said he plans to release Clinton’s emails.
- Asked if President Trump could order the emails declassified, Pompeo said, “Absolutely. We’re going to get there. We’re going to get this information out so the American people can see it.”
- The secretary of state also insisted that Trump would never declassify material in a manner that would be damaging to national security or intelligence assets or methods.
- Asked if the emails would be made public before the election, Pompeo said, “We’re doing it as fast as we can. I certainly think there will be more to see before the election.”