Poll: Joe Biden Has Doubled His Lead Over Donald Trump In Michigan
The Detroit Free Press reports that a new poll shows presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden with a lead of 12 percentage points over President Donald Trump in Michigan.
- The most recent EPIC-MRA survey reports Biden’s lead 53-41, showing an increase from a poll conducted in January that had Biden leading 50-44.
- The survey was conducted by live callers, covered 600 likely voters and “has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.” Of those surveyed, 43 percent identified as Democrats and 38 percent were Republican.
Additional poll findings included:
- Increase from 50 percent in January to 63 percent in those saying “the country is heading in the wrong direction.”
- Increase from 44 percent in January to 51 percent for those who “would vote to replace Trump” if the election were today.
- Independent voters support Biden 63-23.
- “Asked about Trump's handling of the pandemic, 58% gave him a negative rating, 41% gave him a positive rating, and 1% were undecided, or refused to say.”
The Detroit Free Press noted, however, that polls are but “a snapshot in time,” adding that “Trump narrowly won Michigan in 2016, despite polls showing him trailing Democrat Hillary Clinton.”