- Trump allegedly created an ‘invoice’ outlining how much Germany supposedly owes to NATO.
- In Trump’s private meeting with Merkel, he allegedly handed this invoice to the German Chancellor.
- The invoice total was for the sum of $374 billion dollars. Trump added interest too.
- Merkel and advisers left the private meeting with Trump feeling “intimidated” and “outraged”.
- Germany has officially rejected Trump’s invoice. [the Intellectualist]
From the Independent: Angela Merkel will reportedly ignore Donald Trump’s attempts to extricate £300bn ($374bn) from Germany for what he deems to be owed contributions to Nato. The US President is said to have had an ‘invoice’ printed out outlining the sum estimated by his aides as covering Germany’s unpaid contributions for defence.
Merkel and her foreign policy advisers were reportedly furious by Trump’s Tony Soprano collection routine, with the Sunday Times reporting that the government thought it intimidating and outrageous. If true (which knowing Trump, probably is), this is a shockingly low point in U.S. – German relations. Thinking people should be aghast.