“It Tends To Favor Republicans”: Fox Anchor Exposes Trump Lies On Vote-By-Mail
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace recently rebuked President Donald Trump’s claims that “there is extensive voter fraud associated with vote by mail,” and argued that “if anything, it tends to favor Republicans,” reported The New Civil Rights Movement.
- Wallace acknowledged that the practice of “ballot harvesting,” which is where “someone collects ballots for voters and may not send them in, or selectively sends them in, in an attempt to favor one candidate over another,” can sometimes occur in elections.
- However, he noted how a prominent example of it ultimately helped the Republican Party, as it was utilized in North Carolina “where First Lady Karen Pence had actively campaigned for the GOP candidate.”
- He continued, stating that “when people get their ballots and mail them in themselves, no history of fraud at all.”
Furthermore, Trump’s opinions on vote by mail have been inconsistent with his claims associating it with voter fraud.
- On Wednesday, Trump stated: “If people mail in ballots there’s a lot of illegality they send in ballots that they harvest ballots you know all about harvesting and they do lots of bad things, ah, ideally people go out and they vote.”
- Yet, he then went on to “applaud a California race in a district that heavily relies on mail in voting, because the Republican candidate won.”
As “some states are moving to allow anyone who does not want to go to the polls to request a ballot to vote by mail,” it seems that this debate will not end soon.