‘He's A Psychopath': Trump Insider Says Military Will Haul Trump Out Of The WH
Tony Schwartz, President Donald Trump’s ghostwriter for “Art of the Deal,” said in June that Joe Biden’s warnings that the president will try to steal the election and may not leave the White House voluntarily have merit.
- Biden said during an interview with The Daily Show: “This president's going to try to steal this election,” adding that he is “absolutely convinced [the military] will escort [Trump] from the White House with great dispatch” if he loses and refuses to leave.
- Appearing on MSNBC’s The Beat With Ari Melber, Schwartz was asked if the presumptive Democratic nominee’s comments earlier this week were justified, to which he replied: “A hundred percent.”
- Schwartz referenced his May 28 piece on Medium arguing that Trump is a psychopath.
“He is a psychopath, meaning he is missing the two ingredients that are critical and common for human beings. Number one, conscience and number two, empathy. So he lacks both of these qualities and therefore anything goes for Trump.
And think about this, the minute he leaves office, his life — for all practical purposes, from his perspective — is over. Because at a minimum, he loses the vast percentage of his power and his ability to dominate. And believe me, he’s gotten used to that, and giving it up is unthinkable.”
- Asked what it would mean for the United States if there isn’t a peaceful transfer of power, Schwartz said such a scenario is likely to unfold.
“That’s what it will come down to, and then the question is, on whose side does the military stand. Does it stand on the side of democracy? Or does it stand on the side of the Commander-in-Chief, even if those circumstances suggest he should no longer be the Commander-in-Chief?”
- Schwartz said though he doesn’t know what the eventual outcome will be, he has “no doubt” that Trump “will do everything he can, exactly as Biden says, to try to steal this election.”
- He added that he was fascinated that Trump used the word “dominate” four or five times the day he spoke to governors about their response to ongoing protests against police brutality, noting it was the same day his Medium article was published.
“The core point I was making is that we misunderstood Donald Trump as someone who was motivated by his narcissism, meaning by his desire to be loved, when in fact true as that is, what deeply, deeply motivates Donald Trump is the need and desire to dominate. He sees the world entirely in terms of win-lose, right-wrong...and black-white.”
Schwartz went on to predict that Trump will lose in November.