GOP Official Dies After His Cmte. Recklessly Held ‘Maskless’ Party Amid Pandemic
Steven Farmer, chairman of the Craighead County Republican Committee in Arkansas, has died from complications related to his coronavirus infection, according to KAIT8 News.
- Last month, Farmer’s committee hosted a Reagan Day event with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX). Gohmert had just recovered from his own coronavirus infection in mid-September.
- Photos from the event revealed that few masks were worn and social distancing was not observed.
Craighead County Republican Committee
Great Event tonight at Craighead County’s annual Reagan Day Round Up with special guests Congressman Louie Gohmert and Senator Tom Cotton as well as Lt....
- Four days after the event, Farmer was admitted to the hospital and was subsequently placed on a ventilator in the ICU.
- RawStory noted that it is unclear whether Farmer attended the Reagan Day event, and it is also unclear when he initially tested positive for the virus.
- Farmer’s daughter said the doctor told the family by Sept. 25 that he was “very worried that dad was not going to make it through this.”
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13...
- KAIT8 News wrote that “On Monday, Oct. 5, Haynie reported that an EEG showed minimal brain activity. She concluded with a simple plea: ‘Breathe easy, dad. Just breathe.’”