Fox News Owner Rupert Murdoch Predicts Biden Will Have A Landslide Win
Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is telling associates that he believes former Vice President Joe Biden will enjoy a landslide win in November, according to The Daily Beast.
- The three people who have spoken with Murdoch said he is appalled by President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and has remarked that Trump is his own worst enemy, failing to heed the advice of experts and generating an ongoing crisis for his own administration.
- When The Daily Beast asked the Australian-born billionaire directly if he believes Trump will lose in a landslide as well as his thoughts on the president’s pandemic response, Murdoch told the news outlet: “No comment except I’ve never called Trump an idiot.”
- The Daily Beast said Murdoch was “referring to a 2018 report that the media mogul called the president a ‘fucking idiot’ following a chat about immigration.”
- Murdoch had long prized having unfettered access to the White House, much like the direct line he has enjoyed to leaders in Australia and the U.K. But people familiar with the matter say the two men have not spoken in several weeks after Murdoch grew tired of Trump’s endless complaints about what the president viewed as negative coverage on Fox News.
- The Daily Beast noted that Murdoch’s friends also say the media mogul has never taken Trump seriously, with the relationship being one of business necessity.
- The report also recalled that Murdoch predicted a Democratic landslide in 2008, “telling a conference in 2008 that Obama would win the election in a convincing victory.”