Fox News Hosts, Including Laura Ingraham, Praise Joe Biden’s Convention Speech
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden received praise for his convention speech from a couple of unexpected sources on Thursday night — hosts of the Trump-friendly Fox News network.
- RawStory flagged the response of Dana Perino, a former White House press secretary, who said after the speech that “Joe Biden just hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth.”
- Likewise, Fox News host Laura Ingraham, who RawStory noted has called Biden a “a doddering fool,” praised the former vice president’s remarks.
- Speaking with Donald Trump Jr., Ingraham told the president’s son, “He did beat expectations, Don,” at which point Trump Jr.’s grin left his face.
- “People were expecting him to flub every line and have a senior moment,” she said. “He delivered a good speech.”
- Trump Jr., who RawStory noted has “has been falsely attacking Joe Biden as a ‘weak’ man who has been ‘hiding in his basement’ and ‘can’t unify words to make a complete sentence,’” went on the attack:
“He also lied, you know, he brings back the Democrats’ only, you know, their easy button going back to the lie about Charlottesville,” he claimed, apparently suggesting his father did not call neo-Nazis “good people,” which he did.
Watch the clips: