Fmr. Mattis Aide Backs Up Bolton: Trump Said Journalists Deserve To Be Executed
Guy Snodgrass, a former speech for former Defense Secretary James Mattis, said on Wednesday that President Donald Trump once expressed that journalists deserve to be executed during a meeting with Mattis.
- Business Insider reported that Snodgrass’ account confirms the same claim made in former national security adviser John Bolton’s new book.
- The former aide quoted Bolton’s claim on Twitter, adding, “Can confirm. This sentiment expressed again during Trump's meeting with Mattis in the Pentagon.”
- Bolton wrote in his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” that Trump said reporters "should be executed. They are scumbags."
- According to Insider, “Trump was angry about his administration being undercut by claims from anonymous White House officials, believing reporters should be jailed to compel them to reveal their sources' identities.”
- Though the Trump administration is working to keep Bolton’s book from publication, several news outlets obtained copies of the memoir.