Ex-Trump Aide: Trump’s ‘Well Wishes’ To Maxwell Are Code For ‘Please Don’t Talk’
Former White House communications chief Anthony Scaramucci suggested on Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s public well wishes for longtime Jeffrey Epstein companion Ghislaine Maxwell were a coded message imploring her not to talk, according to The Independent.
- Trump was asked during a Tuesday press briefing if he thought Maxwell would turn in powerful men who were potentially caught up in the Epstein scandal. The president replied: “I just wish her well. I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach. But I wish her well, whatever it is.”
- Scaramucci later tweeted: “She has the goods on him. He is signaling ‘please don’t talk.’”
- The Independent noted that Trump has been photographed with both Epstein and Maxwell numerous times over the years.
- He also once called Epstein a “terrific guy,” also saying “he [liked] beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”
- In recent years, Trump has downplayed his relationship with the now-deceased convicted sex offender.