2) Blackwater was called a “military contractor”, but that is a sanitized term for the word “mercenary”.
3) Prince has been investigated for money laundering, the deaths of his employees. He has had unusual deals in Libya and China too.
4) Prince created a private security force for the UAE.
5) Prince is also an investor in Africa with interest in providing military expertise to facilitate energy extraction.
6) Not long ago, Prince has ambitions of creating a private air force for use in South Sudan. [The Intellectualist]
Erik Prince — founder of the private military company Blackwater, financial backer of President Donald Trump, brother to the new Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, and frequent Breitbart radio guest of White House power broker Stephen Bannon — has been offering his military expertise to support Chinese government objectives and setting up Blackwater-style training camps in two Chinese provinces, according to sources and his own company statements.
Former associates of the 47-year-old Prince told BuzzFeed News that the controversial businessman envisions using the bases to train and deploy an army of Chinese retired soldiers who can protect Chinese corporate and government strategic interests around the world, without having to involve the Chinese People’s Liberation Army.
Frontier Services Group trades on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and its largest shareholder is an investment fund owned and controlled by the People’s Republic of China, CITIC.