Elderly Trump Fans Left ‘Frozen Cold’ After They Were Stranded At Omaha Rally


Several people had to be treated at the hospital after President Trump's rally in Nebraska on Tuesday night.

According to The Washington Post, hundreds of Trump supporters were stranded in freezing cold temperatures for hours after President Donald Trump ended his rally in Omaha, Nebraska — including many elderly individuals, some of whom had to be treated at hospitals.

  • A crowd of about 6,000 people turned out to hear the president speak on Tuesday night, according to the report, and by the end of the rally, temperatures had plunged to near-freezing.
  • Buses meant to ferry people to distant parking lots reportedly had difficulty navigating the airport roads, leaving scores of people to wait in the cold.

“President Trump took off in Air Force One 1 hr 20 minutes ago, but thousands of his supporters remain stranded on a dark road outside the rally,” tweeted CNN’s Jeff Zeleny.


At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

  • Omaha Scanner reported that an ambulance was sent for “a 65 y/o male who ‘got a little excited about what President Trump was talking about’ and began to experience weakness.”
  • The service also tweeted, “One officer advising 8 to 9 elderly people who are struggling. Separate [sic] officer advising they have located an elderly party who is frozen cold unable to move with an altered mental status.”

The Trump campaign said it had provided enough buses but traffic on the two-lane road outside the airport was throttled to one direction after the rally, tweeted Aaron Sanderford, a political reporter at the Omaha World-Herald. The campaign didn’t immediately respond to a message from The Post early on Wednesday.

  • “The crowds didn’t fully clear the rally site until after 12:30 a.m. — more than 3½ hours after Trump departed,” The Post reported.

Read the full report.


U.S. & Global News