Mr. Kaveladze attended the meeting as a representative of the Agalarovs according to Scott Balber, an attorney for both Agalarovs.
Mr. Balber (attorney for Russian oligarch) said he received a phone call from Special Counsel Robert Mueller. He asked him who the eighth person was at the meeting. Mr. Balber provided the requested information to Mr. Mueller.
Mr. Kaveladze is a U.S. citizen and has lived in the U.S. for a while according to Mr. Balber. The attorney claimed that Mr. Kaveladze arrived at the meeting intending to act as a translator for Ms. Veselnitskaya but that she brought her own translator to the meeting instead, a former State Dept. employee named Anatoli Samochornov.
Mr. Samochornov was unwilling to answer questions asked by the Washington Post because of he supposedly signed a non-disclosure agreement in return for his services.
- Donald Trump, Jr. (Son of Donald Trump)
- Paul Manafort (Donald Trump’s second campaign manager)
- Jared Kushner (Donald Trump adviser)
- Natalia Veselnitskaya (Kremlin-connected attorney)
- Anatoli Samochornov (Kremlin-connected attorney’s translator)
- Rinat Akhmetshin (Russian-American lobbyist and suspected spy)
- Rob Goldstone (Music publicist who represents Emin Agalarov)
- Ike Kaveladze (Employee of Agalarovs)