Church Hangs ‘No Trespassing’ Sign Above Black Woman For Sitting In The Grass
A North Hollywood Lutheran church has come under fire this week for reportedly hanging a “no trespassing” sign above a Black woman sitting under a tree on the church’s grounds, according to Raw Story.
- The incident occurred at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church. The woman asks, “Am I not welcome here?”
- The man hanging the sign states that the church grounds are private property.
- When asked if she was welcome in the church he says no and adds, “We have a lot of problems with people here from the park vandalizing and we don’t want anybody on the private property. You want to stay on the sidewalk? That’s okay. The mayor says you can have all the sidewalk you want. But you can’t be on the grass.”
- After, he tells her “All Lives Matter.” The phrase has been frequently used as a dog whistle by racists to stand against the Black Lives Matter movement.
- A white woman then accuses the Black woman of threatening her life.
“How am I threatening your life?” the woman sitting in the grass asks.
“Because you’re arguing with us,” the white woman insists.