Chris Wallace: The Trump Family Refused Masks At The Debate
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, who moderated the first presidential debate on Tuesday night, told Fox & Friends that the Trump family refused to wear masks at the event, Mediaite reported.
- First Lady Melania Trump entered wearing a mask but removed it when she sat down, Wallace said.
- “I didn’t see when they came in, but all the other members of the first family that I saw there, including Ivanka, Tiffany, when they sat down, they weren’t wearing masks.”
- “I’m told by the pool of reporters who was there that somebody from the Cleveland Clinic came up to the first family — I believe this was before Mrs. Trump sat down — and offered the masks in case they didn’t have them, and they waved them away.”
- Wallace also noted that the Trumps’ refusal to wear masks violated safety protocols set up by the Cleveland Clinic, the site of Tuesday’s debate.
- Wallace said: “Everyone in the hall with the exception of the president, and the vice president, and myself, had to wear a mask.”
- The Fox News anchor noted that those attending in support of Joe Biden complied with the mask requirement.
- President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump both tested positive for the coronavirus on Thursday night.