AL Rep. Dismukes Won’t Resign From State Legislature Because He’s A Man Of God
Republican State Representative Will Dismukes was recently charged with theft after allegedly stealing at least $2,500 from his former employer, but he will not be resigning from the state legislature.
- This former pastor resigned from Pleasant Hill Baptist Church after delivering an invocation at a birthday celebration for Nathan Bedford Forrest, the first Grand Wizard of the KKK.
- Trey Norman, Dismukes’ attorney, said the lawmaker has no intentions to resign because “Will is young and is learning some hard lessons. But he’s a very convicted man. He’s very convicted in his faith and he’s very convicted in his character.”
- Dismuke will not step down from his position “that he was elected to...just because someone has pointed the finger…”
- If Dismuke is a convicted felon, he will be forced to resign, but if he is found innocent, this KKK-supporting lawmaker will remain in charge of decisions affecting all of Alabama.
- Friendly Atheist argues that if Dismukes were a Democrat, person of color, or non-Christian, there would have been significantly more pressure to resign.