Wednesday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 3.09 points or 0.01 percent, to close at 32,420.06.
- The S&P 500 fell 21.38 points or 0.55 percent to close at 3,889.14.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 265.81 points or 2.01 percent to close at 12,961.89.
“Stocks encountered volatility but powered ahead in the first quarter. Cyclical stocks — those sensitive to economic momentum — continued to lead,” said Tony DeSpirito, chief investment officer of U.S. fundamental equities at BlackRock. “We think it makes sense to position for the start of a new and powerful economic cycle.”
Tomorrow keep an eye out for:
- US Gross Domestic Product Annualized
- ECB's President Lagarde speech
- Novo Nordisk, LG Chem Ltd., CNOOC Ltd., and others report earnings.