The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 fell, while the Nasdaq Composite gained on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 189.42 points or 0.58 percent, to close at 33,015.37.
- The S&P 500 rose 11.41 points or 0.29 percent to close at 3,974.12.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 53.63 points or 0.40 percent to close at 13,525.20.
U.S. jobless claims are approaching their lowest level since the pandemic hit. However those submitting applications for unemployment benefits are still at a high level and layoffs across the country cintinue.
On Thursday keep an eye out for:
- Initial jobless claims (regular state program)
- Continuing jobless claims (regular state program)
- Philadelphia Fed manufacturing survey
- Index of leading economic indicators
- Nike Inc. , Accenture plc , FedEx Corp. , Dollar General Corporation , and others report earnings.