The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 posted gains, but the Nasdaq Composite fell on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 16.02 points or 0.05 percent, to close at 33,446.26.
- The S&P 500 gained 6.01 points or 0.15 percent to close at 4,079.95.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 9.54 points or 0.05 percent to close at 13,698.38.
The S&P 500 closed at a record high after falling slightly the day prior.
“The market is forecasting that the Fed will have to raise rates way before they are saying they will,” he said in an email. “The question is if the Fed raises rates before inflation has moved above 2% for some time.
On Thursday keep an eye out for:
- Royal Bank of Canada, UBS, Fast Retailing Co., and others are reporting earnings.
- Unemployment claims numbers
- US Goods and Services Trade Balance