The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 164.55 points or 0.48 percent, to close at 33,820.38.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.08 percent to close at 4,183.18.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 0.28 percent to close at 14,051.03.
“With inflation running persistently below this longer-run goal, the Committee will aim to achieve inflation moderately above 2 percent for some time so that inflation averages 2 percent over time and longer‑term inflation expectations remain well anchored at 2 percent. The Committee expects to maintain an accommodative stance of monetary policy until these outcomes are achieved,” the Fed said.
On Thursday keep an eye out for:
- US Gross Domestic Product Annualized
- Initial Jobless Claims
- Amazon, Samsung, Mastercard, and others are reporting earnings.