The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained, but the Nasdaq Composite and S&P 500 posted fell on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 53.62 points or 0.16 percent, to close at 33,730.89.
- The S&P 500 fell 16.93 points or 0.41 percent to close at 4,124.66.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 138.26 points or 0.99 percent to close at 13,857.84.
Tech stocks dragged down the S&P 500 as corporate earnings beat expectations.
On Thursday keep an eye out for:
- Retail Sales (MoM)
- China's Gross Domestic Product (YoY)
- Initial Jobless Claims
- United Health, Bank of America, LVMH, Nestle, PepsiCo, Citigroup, BlackRock, Charles Schwab, and others are reporting earnings.