The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell, while the S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite posted gains on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 8.22 or 0.03 percent, to close at 31,060.47.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.23 percent to close at 3,809.84.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.43 percent to close at 13,128.95.
Stocks were relatively flat throughout the day as traders analyzed the potential of more stimulus
"I think Joe Biden deep down in – he might not say this in public – but I think deep down in he’s thinking, do I really need this kind of distraction?” Greg Valliere, AGF Investments chief policy strategist, said.“He has to get his entire cabinet confirmed, he wants to move quickly on a stimulus bill, we’ve got COVID, he has regulations he may want to undo. So I think that an impeachment fight would be a huge distraction for Biden.”
Tomorrow keep an eye out for:
- Fed's Chair Powell speech
- President-elect Biden speech
- BlackRock, Micron, and Delta Airlines are reporting earnings.