Tuesday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 96.95 points or 0.29 percent, to close at 33,430.24.
- The S&P 500 fell 3.97 points or 0.10 percent to close at 4,073.94.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 7.21 points or 0.05 percent to close at 13,698.38.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 fell from record high closes one day earlier.
“There are lots of reasons to be excited about the months ahead, and we’re generally optimistic for this year,” said Lindsey Bell, chief investment strategist at Ally Invest. “Stocks’ momentum is strong, no doubt about that. But the market may be ready to take a breather as investors digest all the good news, determine how much of that is priced in and weigh it against uncertain risks like inflation.”
On Wednesday keep an eye out for:
- Zurich Insurance, Bank of Montreal, Lennar Corp, and others are reporting earnings.
- FOMC Minutes
- US Goods and Services Trade Balance