Tuesday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite gained on Tuesday, according to CNBC.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 2.27 points, or 0.01 percent, to close at 27,995.60.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.5 percent to close at 3,401.20.
- The Nasdaq Composite surged 1.21 percent to close at 11,190.32.
The Empire State Manufacturing index was reported at 17 for September, up from 3.7 in August. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the index to be around 7. China reported its first retail sales increase this year.
On Wednesday, keep an eye out for:
- The Fed to deliver its latest decision on monetary policy.
- The latest figures on US retail sales.