Tuesday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 fell, but the Nasdaq Composite gained on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 9.93 points or 0.03 percent, to close at 31,375.83.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.11 percent to close at 3,911.23.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.14 percent to close at 14,007.70.
The S&P 500 fell lower as the market rally took a break.
“The market has been pricing in the reopening optimism, and in the short term that may be able to keep us grinding higher,” said JJ Kinahan, TD Ameritrade’s chief market strategist. “What worries me a bit is if the reality of the economy will live up to the expectations. The expectations are just so high that you wonder when we get there, what’s next for us.”
On Wednesday keep an eye out for:
- Consumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)
- Fed's Chair Powell speech
- Coca-Cola, Toyota, Uber, General Motors, and Equinix are reporting earnings tomorrow.