Tuesday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 308.05 points or 0.94 percent, to close at 32,432.15.
- The S&P 500 fell 30.07 points or 0.76 percent to close at 3,910.52.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 149.84 points or 1.17 percent to close at 13,227.70.
“I’d say that while asset valuations are elevated by historical metrics, there’s also belief that with vaccinations proceeding at a rapid pace, that the economy will be able to get back on track,” Yellen said. “I think that in an environment where asset prices are high, that what’s important is for regulators to make sure that the financial sector is resilient and to make sure that markets work well.”
Tomorrow keep an eye out for:
- Nondefense Capital Goods Orders ex Aircraft
- Durable Goods Orders
- Hyundai, Xiaomi, Tencent and others report earnings.