The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained, but the Nasdaq Composite and S&P 500 fell on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 3.36 points or 0.01 percent, to close at 33,984.93.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.02 percent to close at 4,186.72.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 0.34 percent to close at 14,090.22.
“Despite the fact that expectations are high, I believe that we are going to see the FANG stocks deliver and I think that’s the catalyst to continue the trajectory of the S&P 500 to new all-time highs,” said Jeff Kilburg, chief investment officer at Sanctuary Wealth. “That’s the paramount focus of the week.”
On Wednesday keep an eye out for:
- FOMC Press Conference
- Fed's Monetary Policy Statement
- Apple, Facebook, Qualcomm, Boeing, Shopify, Sony and others are reporting earnings.