Thursday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite all fell on Thursday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 19.8 points, or 0.07 percent, to close at 28,494.20.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.15 percent to close at 3,483.34.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 0.47 percent to close at 11,713.87.
Markets were relatively flat after a sharp sell-off at the beginning of the session.
On Friday keep an eye out for:
- The Bank of New York Mellon (BK), VF Corporation (VFC), Schlumberger (SLB), State Street (STT), JB Hunt Transport (JBHT), Ally Financial (ALLY) reporting earnings
- Eurozone Final Consumer Price Index and Final Core CPI
- Eurozone Trade Balance
- Canada Manufacturing Sales
- U.S. Retail Sales and Core Retail Sales
- U.S. Industrial Production
- U.S. University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment